Re: Oracle streams

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John,

I see there are many responses to your question and by now you might have had good experience with Oracle Streams.

Couple of months ago, I have prepared a document on using Oracle Streams. The document is aimed at "Upgrading 9i database to 10g with near-zero downtime". But you may as well use the same document for configuring Oracle Streams between two 10g databases.

Here is the link:

http://momendba.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-article-on-metalink-note-id-4314301.html

Hope it helps you out.

Regards

Asif Momen

"Fedock, John (KAM.RIC)" <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com> wrote: st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Looking to see if people are successfully using streams to move data between 2 databases. This would be on 10g, HP-UX machines.

  I have attempted a few test cases and have not been able to get the data to move over. I am still not grasping creating the capture, adding table rules, creating apply process, instantiating the scn, etc.

  Does anyone have a checklist on which task to do on what server (source vs destination)? I have been looking at metalink note 298877.1 and the session 249 from collaborate 2007.

  Thanks all,

  John Fedock
  "K" Line America, ISD Department

Do You Yahoo!?