RE: Java Versions certified by Oracle Database Server and Oracle Application Server

From: Arnold, Sandra <ArnoldS_at_osti.gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:23:36 -0400

Unfortunately when I try to access this document in Metalink I get the following:

MetaLink V2 - Error Message

          Note entry 463072.1.cannot be displayed. Possible reasons are:

If you still have questions about why you couldn't access this article, please use the Feedback button at the bottom of the left-hand menu bar.

Thanks for pointing me to the document though.

Sandra

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Job Miller Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:26 PM To: Arnold, Sandra; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Java Versions certified by Oracle Database Server and Oracle Application Server

Can you access this note?

Subject: How to manually replace Java (JRE/JDK) in Grid Control or DB Console Home

          Doc ID
<https://metalink.oracle.com/help/usaeng/Search/search.html#file> :

Note:463072.1	 Type: 	HOWTO
 	 Last Revision Date: 	16-OCT-2007

it says:

# Java version must be 1.4.2_xx <---very important
# Version 1.5.0/1.6.0 will not work <---very important
# If the installed version of Java comes from an OS vendor,
# get the DST certified version for 1.4.2 revision.

"Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS_at_osti.gov> wrote:

        Does anyone know what versions of Java that are certified for Oracle Database Server 10.2.0.3 and Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.0.2? The version of the Application Server is what is installed with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid 10.2.0.3? If you know of a document or white paper, etc., that I can refer to, it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to answer a question posed by my Solaris Unix Systems Admin why we are having to use the 1.4.2 versions of java versus 1.5 or 1.6.

        Thanks,

	Sandra Arnold
	Sr. Database Administrator
	NCI Information Systems