Re: A couple archive log / sequence number questions...

From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason_at_blisses.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:44:17 -0400

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 02:17:10PM -0400, David Barbour wrote:

> Are you running the managed recovery process?

I'm not sure what defines that, so I don't know... What I'm doing is, boiled down, rsyncing archive logs from the primary to my stand-by databases, and then using rman on the stand-by databases to recover to the current point. I'm starting the stand-by databases off by doing incomplete restores of the primary database at some arbitrary point.

If the managed recovery process offers something interesting, I'd be happy to look at it.

--
Mason Loring Bliss    mason@blisses.org    http://blisses.org/
Your gift today will go twice as far to help end the genocide.