RE: Oracle streams

From: Weatherman, John <John.Weatherman_at_asurion.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:53:37 -0500

John,

What are you doing where now? There are a LOT of ways to set this up. Can you provide a test script? Do you have schema and object rules (these can conflict)? Have you used grid control to set up a development system? The save scripts option isn't optimal, but gives a good starting point. Have you opened a SR with Oracle? I actually found the Streams group to be fairly good. As it is, this question is too vague to help, other than just saying RTFM.

John

John P Weatherman

Asurion Inc.

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RIC) [mailto:John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com] Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:27 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle streams

Looking to see if people are successfully using streams to move data between 2 databases. This would be on 10g, HP-UX machines.

I have attempted a few test cases and have not been able to get the data to move over. I am still not grasping creating the capture, adding table rules, creating apply process, instantiating the scn, etc.

Does anyone have a checklist on which task to do on what server (source vs destination)? I have been looking at metalink note 298877.1 and the session 249 from collaborate 2007.

Thanks all,

John Fedock

"K" Line America, ISD Department