Re: RAC is slower than non-RAC for batch job with lots of update/delete?

From: Paul Albeck <palbeck_ar_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
It's common to see some performance impact in these cases.  The most common problem I've seen is Oracle having to do consistent reads on the blocks it's reading, therefore having to reads rollbacks segments, sometimes on the other node.
If you trace your session with RAC and without RAC you'll probably see much more gets in the RAC trace.  One way to minimize this impact is to commit more often (against common wisdom..)
Regards, Paul