RE: 8.1.5 upgrade paths to 10.2.x

From: Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:40:31 -0400

Would not call them "exotic", just a darn lot faster & less error prone.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: LS Cheng [mailto:exriscer_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:36 PM
To: Goulet, Dick
Cc: zimsbait_at_gmail.com; development_at_the-playground.de; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: 8.1.5 upgrade paths to 10.2.x

with a 60gb database I wouldnt mess around with the exotic ways...

On 10/16/07, Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com> wrote:

Better idea, which I've done recently. Upgrade DB to 8.1.7 then to 10.2, approximate time 3 hours. Then use Transportable database to move

datafiles to AIX, convert them with RMAN & restart your db. This entire process on HP-UX to AIX took 18 hours total for a 700GB database. Would have been faster if we had paralleled things.