Trying to figure out how to do this via RMAN

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

SO here's the config We're using Rman on a variety of instances from Oracle 9 and 10. I'm trying to achieve archivelog multiplexing yet make oracle backup only the primary destination and forget that the secondary exists. Case in point (please ignore any syntax type issues) log_archive_dest_1= '/usr/local/archive/a' mandatory log_archive_dest_2 ='/usr/local/archive/c' optional rman backup archivelog all delete input skip inaccessible; First go backs up only primary destination (which is what i want) Second go since all primary destination archivelogs are deleted will backup the secondary destination(which is what i dont want) i've tried variations like not backed up 1 times and it still backs up the secondary destination in round 2 .I know i can achieve multiplexing outside of Oracle by using a cp -p or hardlinking but i'm looking for suggestions on if this can be done via rman and rman not backing up the secondary destination at all. Due business reasons we need a copy of the archivelogs available in native format (not in rman backupset format) on tape and on disk for a short period while making sure that the database keeps functioning. This behaviour is reproducible on all plaforms Sun,AIX and Linux and Oracle 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.3.