RE: dbms_metadata.get_ddl Error

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:07:31 +1000

I am going to guess, I know I am bad, that your MY_TAB_IDX5 index is on another schema. You would have to prefix the object name with the schem name so for schema name XD, that means you need in your DBMS_METDATA.get_ddl() staement XD.MY_TAB_IDX5 not MY_TAB_IDX5 without the prefix.

HTH   Cheers

Peter

From: A Ebadi [mailto:ebadi01_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, 15 October 2007 03:29 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: dbms_metadata.get_ddl Error

We have a procedure which calls dbms_metadata.get_ddl to get the ddl for an index & this works fine for objects (indexes) owned by the same user as my procedure. For all other objects I get the error below. I have an SR open with Oracle for several days now, but no solution has been given. Any advise would be appreciated.

Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 on Sun Solaris 2.10.

Here is the error:
ORA-31603: object "MY_TAB_IDX5" of type INDEX not found in schema "OPS$ORACLE"   Thanks,
Abdul

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3o DMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTkl fMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545433> from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.