Disconnecting session from an on logon trigger

From: <Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:42:02 -0400

I'd like to create an on logon trigger that will prevent the user from connecting in certain circumstances. I have one way of doing it which would be to issue

execute immediate ' alter system kill session 'session_id', 'serial#''

but I can't help but wonder if there's a cleaner way to do it from within oracle instead of killing the session?

Oracle 9.2.0.7

Thanks,
Jay Miller