Column USER_BIND_PEEK_MISMATCH in V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:33:21 -0700

Hi all,

Digging into bind peeking here. In 10gR2, the view V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR
"explains why a particular child cursor is not shared with existing
child cursors. Each column identifies a specific reason why the cursor cannot be shared." (as per doco). There are a large number of columns that describe why a cursor is not shared: All the way from the very obscure "BIND_UACS_DIFF" to the understandable "LITERAL_MISMATCH":)

However, the one I am after is the "USER_BIND_PEEK_MISMATCH" which is
"Cursor is not shared because value of one or more user binds is
different and this has a potential to change the execution plan". I know that 11g has the ability to mark a SQL cursor "bind aware" if it thinks that the value of the bind could "potentially" change the plan and expose it via a new view V$SQL_CS_STATISTICS (or words to that effect :) My question is: Can I have some indication of this in 10gR2?

To paraphrase Jonathan, is this a "build the feature in V1, silently enable it in V2, expose it in V3"?

An explanation of "Bind UAC" would be a bonus, but the other one is what I am after...

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc