Re: RAC on windows 2003 - 32-bit - nightmare

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:19:02 +0100

I'd be investigating two areas in particular

  1. the two networks - public and private - make sure that they are manually configured with the appropriate speed and duplex settings etc.
  2. The shared storage. Make sure that that is absolutely correctly configured - there is a utility for this.

When I setup a Windows SE RAC on HP kit we had similar (but not as severe) issues and we found that we absolutely needed the latest firmware revisions and drivers for both the GbE cards and the HBAs. I can't recall now if we determined that through metalink or HP though. Presumably DELL will also update firmware and drivers as well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA