Re: 9i RMAN restore to a different server with a backup from dataguard env

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:21:42 +0200

If you cannot fiddle this restored controlfile (I don't have a standby configuration for testing right now so I cannot give you any advice on that matter), you best bet is to create a recovery catalog, register the primary database in it, connect to it with the standby database and then resynch'ing the catalog so that it knows about your datafile backups.
You should then be able to perform the restore operation with RMAN by using the control file backup from the primary database in CATALOG mode (connected to the catalog you have just created.)