Re: 9i RMAN restore to a different server with a backup from dataguard env

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:51:02 +0200

You can take it without using rman, directly with sqlplus: alter database backup controlfile to '...';

You may have difficulties later with your new database since this is a control file from a standby database though.

You're in a situation where an RMAN catalog would simplify the restore operation.