RE: kolccst obj: large streams pool memory segment

From: Yasin Baskan <yasin.baskan_at_yapikredi.com.tr>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:33:49 +0300

I do not know about that unfortunately. I have not seen any documentation or information about these. They are heaps in the streams pool, like subpools. But I do not know what their names mean or what each of them are used for.

From: Charles Schultz [mailto:sacrophyte_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:10 PM To: Yasin Baskan
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: kolccst obj: large streams pool memory segment

Thanks. I found one bug (5058318).

What does kolccst mean? I am assuming that KO is the same for all those. Kernel Operations? Kernel Optimizer?

Did you search Metalink for "kolccst obj"? It reports several bugs related to memory leaks in Streams.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Charles Schultz Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:04 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: kolccst obj: large streams pool memory segment

Anyone know where I can find more information about this KOLCCST object? And other KO objects for that matter?

SQL > select * from (select * from v$sgastat where pool = 'streams pool' order by bytes desc) where rownum < 6;

POOL         NAME                                          BYTES

streams pool kolccst obj 1987055480 streams pool kol raw 465430552 streams pool kolcalm coll 464969704 streams pool koicnfadt adt attr 419245184 streams pool kol vstring 259053352

Kinda curious why we are eating so much memory. This is a downstream database, so I expect to be using the Streams Pool. Perhaps there is a perfectly valid reason for this, and in that case I would like to learn about it.

--

Charles Schultz

Bu mesaj ve onunla iletilen tum ekler gonderildigi kisi ya da kuruma ozel ve Bankalar Kanunu geregince, gizlilik yukumlulugu tasiyor olabilir. Bu mesaj, hicbir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz; mesajin yetkili alicisi veya alicisina iletmekten sorumlu kisi degilseniz, mesaj icerigini ya da eklerini kopyalamayiniz, yayinlamayiniz, baska kisilere yonlendirmeyiniz ve mesaji gonderen kisiyi derhal uyararak bu mesaji siliniz. Bu mesajin iceriginde ya da eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu, butunlugu ve guncelligi Bankamiz tarafindan garanti edilmemektedir ve bilinen viruslere karsi kontrolleri yapilmis olarak yollanan mesajin sisteminizde yaratabilecegi zararlardan Bankamiz sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and the files attached to it are under the privacy liability in accordance with the Banking Law and confidential to the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message cannot be copied, disclosed or sold monetary consideration for any purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you should not copy, distribute, disclose or forward the information that exists in the content and in the attachments of this message; please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Our Bank does not warrant the accuracy, integrity and currency of the information transmitted with this message. This message has been detected for all known computer viruses thence our Bank is not liable for the occurrence of any system corruption caused by this message

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 09:33:49 CDT