RE: Date conversion question

From: Zanen van, J (Jacob) <Jacob.van.Zanen_at_rabobank.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:12:05 +1000

What is 70111?

Could be either 1 nov 1970
Or 11 januari 1970
With no way to distinguish based on this entry alone

From: Bobak, Mark [mailto:Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:37 PM To: Harvinder Singh; oracle-l

Well, that depends on what those values actually represent...

Are they julian dates? Days/minutes/seconds since some epoch?

How would you convert 991123? What date does that represent? How about 421? 0?

Without knowing what the data means, we have no way to answer you....

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest 789 E. Eisenhower, Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346 +1.734.997.4059  or +1.800.521.0600 x 4059 mark.bobak_at_il.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here.