RE: RMAN question(s)

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:02:24 -0600

Quite a nice improvement there! I would caution everyone to carefully test of course, but it seems to have worked well here. I would expect that recoveries may well go faster too.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/ Sig V1.2

From: Allen, Brandon

In case anyone is interested - I did a test of the 10g "as compresssed" backupset on a 285GB databases and here are the results:

W/O Compression: backup size = 280GB, backup time = 2 to 10 hours with an average of about 7.5 hours over the past 3 months (this goes to a disk staging area and later to tape on a Netbackup server with a LOT of other backup activity so there is a wide variance in backup times depending on what else is running at the same time)

W/ Compression: backup size = 36GB, backup time = 2.9 hours (only tested once so far)

Environment: AIX 5.3, Oracle 10.2.0.2, Netbackup 5.1 MP4, BaanIV ERP application data

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 02 2007 - 22:02:24 CDT