RE: Diskgroup Mapping in RAC

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:36:42 -0500

Abdul,

If you don't have the original DDL stored anywhere for the diskgroup (we dump all our DDL to separate scripts each night), then I suggest checking the underlying physical disks / raw slices for a permissions issue and if they do exist on the server.

Sometimes the MOUNT error message tells you what its looking for. When you do an ALTER DISKGROUP <diskgroup name> MOUNT is there any indication what device isn't getting mounted?

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization 630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of A Ebadi Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 3:00 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Diskgroup Mapping in RAC

We have a diskgroup that won't mount due to a missing disk.  Is there anyway to get a mapping of disks to diskgroups for unmounted diskgroups to find out which disk is missing?  The v$asm_disk view onlys shows info for mounted diskgroups.

Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 RAC on Solaris 10.

Thanks,
Abdul

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.