RE: Data Pump and compression

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:29:16 -0400

As a FYI, you can use the network_link option using an import and this will import data into database A thru a link connecting to database B. No need to have the data go to disk first. I have done this recently and it was very nice. Only downside is there is no "commit" option, so I had to break up my 9GB of data into smaller ranges.

Hope this helps.

John Fedock