Re: RAC for a newbie

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

I think you might find the resources of the RAC SIG to be helpful as well. It's free to join and we have live webcasts fairly frequently (though we've been in a dry spell for a little while). The past webcasts are recorded and available for replay at any time for registered members. http://www.oracleracsig.org/ If you have any problems or questions about the SIG, please contact me. Dan Norris RAC SIG Events Chair ----- Original Message ---- From: Nancy Iles <nancy_iles@hotmail.com> To: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:25:19 PM Subject: RAC for a newbie .hmmessage P { margin:0px;padding:0px;} body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;} What books/classes would you recommend for someone taking on a RAC implementation and support of a company's key revenue system? I am a certified DBA and I have worked with Oracle Applications for several years but I have never worked in a RAC environment and would appreciate any tips on how to come up to speed on RAC and Data Guard quickly. Regards, Nancy Iles Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!