Re: Please help - can't restore on Windows

From: <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:40:38 -0400

Is there any other database running on the machine. I am suspecting that there is and the env variables are interferring. Before you start the restore can you (a) check all env var and (b) set them manually.

Rajendra Pande
Corporate Center
IT Infrastructure (ITI)
Distributed System Services (DSS)
Database Services
(Using BB)
Tel: +1-201-352 1415
Internal: 19 422 1415

Fax        +1-201-352 68 61
email      rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com

We had everything restored to a new server. The backups I am trying to restore from are from an RMAN full hotbackup. This is 9207 on Windows 2003. When I try to login to RMAN doing rman target system/passwd_at_dbname I get:

ORA-27100 shared memory realm already exists

However, I can't shutdown the database either because then I get 27101 shared memory realm does not exist.

I noticed that when they turned the server over to me that the services had already been started.

How can I get out of this mess?

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more! <http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=windows+vista&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>

Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by e-mail. The information provided in this e-mail or any attachments is not an official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your protection, do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your e-mail. Because the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer if you have received this communication in error. Thank you.

UBS Financial Services Inc.

UBS International Inc.

UBS Financial Services Incorporated of Puerto Rico