Please help - can't restore on Windows

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:25:32 -0400

We had everything restored to a new server. The backups I am trying to restore from are from an RMAN full hotbackup. This is 9207 on Windows 2003. When I try to login to RMAN doing rman target system/passwd_at_dbname I get:

ORA-27100 shared memory realm already exists

However, I can't shutdown the database either because then I get 27101 shared memory realm does not exist.

I noticed that when they turned the server over to me that the services had already been started.

How can I get out of this mess?

Discover the new Windows Vista