Re: Excessive child cursors

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:03:43 -0400

Terry,

In that case flushing would hardly help at all (unless there is an Oracle bug of which I don't know). You might flush unpinned cursors, but the new children would be introduced over time.

I'm sorry if you feel bad when I'm trying to double check your findings. Happens to me too. Could you please paste a report of the delta of VERSION_COUNT, LOADED_VERSIONS, OPEN_VERSIONS, LOADS, INVALIDATIONS, PARSE_CALLS from V$SQLAREA for top 10 parents (children count wise) and, if at all possible, same for all their children - V$SQL.

Cheers,

 Vlad Sadilovskiy
Oracle Database Tools
http://www.fourthelephant.com