Re: Listener.log not been updated

From: Ian MacGregor <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:01:37 -0700

When it comes down to it, nearly all auditing is useless until therešs a problem . Do you ever look at the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit files? Have you turned the auditing of sys operation on and perhaps changed audit_file_dest to point somewhere else.

If an intrusion occurs, I hate to explain that I had turned off something which might of helped us detect that intrusion or provide an audit trail of it.