RE: Training for Oracle Performance tuning

From: Caviness, Jay A <Jay.Caviness_at_McKesson.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:46:09 -0500

I would suggest Hotsos, which is Cary Milsap's company. I have been a DBA for 18 years and learned so much from that class.

www.hotsos.com <http://www.hotsos.com>

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Caviness                                             Horizon
Clinicals - Systems Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer - Oracle DBA      McKesson Information Solutions
I gotta fever...and the only prescription for it is ... MORE COWBELL!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Hamou Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:10 PM To: Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com
Cc: sunil.kanderi_at_gmail.com; oracle-l
Subject: Re: Training for Oracle Performance tuning

I recommend Oracle Tuning Classes from Perftuning Corp ( www.perftuning.com <http://www.perftuning.com> ).

they offer great classes.

Pat

Patrick Hamou
President
Renaps Technology
Your IT Partner

Office : (514) 892-9920
E-Mail : phamou_at_renaps.com <mailto:phamou_at_renaps.com>

Web :  <http://www.renaps.com/> www.renaps.com

<http://mail.renaps.com/cgi-bin/www.renaps.com>
Blog : renaps.wordpress.com <http://renaps.wordpress.com/>

Bobak, Mark wrote:

I've never taken a class from either, so, hopefully I'm not too biased....

I don't think you can go wrong here. I think both are very good. Really, I'd just go with whichever one has the syllabus that interests you more.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org