Re: Truncating SYS owned tables

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:10:54 +0800

O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY=FALSE should prevent a user with the "*ANY*" privilege from accessing SYS tables unless the privilege is explicitly granted to the user directly or through a Role.

Don't try truncating SYS.AUD$ if you have auditing enabled. Run DELETE statements to purge Audit entries.

Hemant
At 09:32 PM Friday, Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com wrote:

>I can create a table in schema 'B' and can truncate it from another
>schema 'A' with DROP ANY TABLE system privilege. But schema 'A' cannot
>truncate a table owned by SYS. (namely SYS.AUD$).
>
>Does anyone have any info on this?
>
>(nor can schema 'A' drop a sys owned table).

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html