Re: ZFS & Oracle

From: <tboss_at_bossconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:54:02 -0400 (EDT)

No real advice other than to say, if you're reading the same docs I am, they talk over and over about matching the ZFS block size to the Oracle db server block size.

So I took my default ZFS block size file system (128k) and matched it to my database (16k) block size; nada. No change in i/o, read or write performance. And, the change crashed the DB (we left it online during the mod).

2 cents, todd