RE: JAVA TIMESTAMP

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_bjss.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:48:55 +0100

Does this page help Deepak

http://download-uk.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/jdeveloper/904preview/jdbcjavadoc /oracle/sql/TIMESTAMP.html

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: 20 September 2007 11:14
To: oracle-l
Subject: JAVA TIMESTAMP

Hi Experts,

Is there any built-in SQL function which can convert JAVA Timestamp to Oracle TIMESTAMP data type. I need this to partition a table based on the TIMESTAMP(JAVA TIMESTAMP). I want to partition based on the DAY OF THE MONTH part of the Timestamp.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

--
Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA

BJSS Limited, 1st Floor Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds LS1 2TW.
Registered in England with company number 2777575.
http://www.bjss.co.uk