RE: rman allocate channel suddenly taking forever

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:34:05 -0600

We are having some major performance problems with our recovery catalogs these days!!
Contact Oracle and open an SR, there are several bugs open with catalog performance and degrading performance.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/ Sig V1.2