Re: RMAN question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:19:53 -0700

On 9/18/07, LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> hmm well it's relative, I backup to tape rman backup logs and it always
> shows the autobackup filename....

I don't agree.

In a recovery situation, the simpler and easier, the better.

Using a recovery catalog makes many recovery scenarios simpler and easier.

Everyone is free to dictate their own 'best practices' of course.

I've been in recovery situations with CF only, and did not like it.

Too many "this would be easy with a recovery catalog" situations.

--
Jared Still