datapump anomaly, grants, any ideas

From: Visser, Piet de <piet.de.visser_at_logicacmg.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:28:29 +0200

suport SR 6469074.993

Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Sun Solaris.

Import via impdp works, but doesnt import statistics. impdp generates error when importing statistics. Conventional exp/imp works fine, and does import statistics.

Support claims that to successfully import statistics via impdp, you need to either runs as SYS, run with sys-priv, or grant INS/DEL on sys.impdp_stats to the importing user.

Manuals state that exp_full_database and imp_full_database are all that is needed to successfully use datapump. Support now disagrees.

We do not want to manually grant-out two specific grants in our 150+ databases, but we like to use dp to avoid plethora of files everywhere.

Questions

Regards,
PdV
(miffed off by Metalink)