Re: anyone work with Oracle's Orion testing tool?

From: Glenn Santa Cruz <glenn.santacruz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:50:42 -0500

Brandon -

Just a quick point regarding your notes from way back: my tests were similar to yours, and I also found that the file(s) to test needed to be "real" oracle file(s). However, I decided to try something else and found that the file size simply needs to be a multiple of db block size -- so if you "dd if=/dev/zero of=/m1/testme.dbf bs=8k count=531072", that should work as well.

Glenn