Re: Data Guard: ORA-16534: no more requests accepted

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:55:53 -0600

Actually, the standby server is monitoring on 1522 and the primary on 1526 (just to keep us on our toes). What I figured out was that I had to bounce the new primary instance and that cleared the queue. The process we had to go through was half automatic (switchover to <physical standby name>) and half manual. But we were able to move eight 10g databases from the RAC to the standby. If anyone ever finds themselves in that situation, I wrote up the steps we followed. They might not be the best or most efficient but they worked. Thank you for responding Rajeev! Unfortunately, these things always seem to happen on the weekend when happy DBAs are sleeping.

Kevin Lidh