Re: dedicated spindles and Oracle

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:33:10 -0400

Ryan

We did this excercise few months back. Basically, we tried a combination of different LUN sizes and RAID levels to ascertain the combination that worked well (in terms of I/O throughput) for our SAN environment. The factors we considered for LUN sizes were manageability/recoverability/growth rates/snapshot storage space required. Our implementation is 10g RAC
ASM/SAN on 64-bit linux platform.

Rajeev