Re: Weird database hanging

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:09:22 -0500

oracle ~ $ ulimit -u
2047
oracle ~ $ ulimit -n
1024

This is a big gaffe. According to Puschitz those values should be set in the .bash_profile to 16384 and 63536, respectively. Mea culpa on completely missing these in the setup.

I've since set them in the ~oracle/.bash_profile as well as /etc/security/limits.conf. Only problem now is that it'll require a database bounce to take effect, although we have one scheduled for Sunday.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
oracle: http://ora.seiler.us