RE: RMAN question

From: Alvaro Jose Fernandez <alvaro.fernandez_at_sivsa.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:47:27 +0200

Hi Joe,

I say the logic is correct, with one possible caveat that you would not wan't to stay in this situation too long, if the controlfile record capacity has "wrapped"/overflowed over the one-week default for backup info, you will losing the oldest entries about backups. It depends of the "window" needed of recoverability. controfile_keep_record_time global init.ora setting.