OCP Exam 1Z0-040: Installation Performance

From: Owen Smith <owensmith99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:55:18 -0700

OCP People,

I'm looking at topic areas for the OCP Exam 1Z0-040.

I'm curious about this topic:

"Installation Performance Enhancements"

What should I know about it?

Do many Oracle DBAs think that Oracle 8i,9i installation is too slow?

Perhaps 10g installation is faster?

When I see the term "Performance Enhancements", assuming I'm not reading a spam,
I expect a discussion about speed.

Perhaps there is more to it?

Maybe aside from duration, the 10g install is less likely to error out or provide a better installation experience?

This could actually be a broad topic. I'm not sure what parts of it the author of OCP Exam 1Z0-040 wants me to focus upon.

Thoughts anyone?

-Owen