Re: ASM IO distribution on a SAN

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:56:58 -0400

Can any system insert 5TBs/day? That's 213GB an hour. Kevin Closson's blog talks about reaching a top throughput of 110Mb/S, giving you 35.5 minutes to load the data, add on indexes and the fact you don't have Kevin doing your disk setup I would think that would be pretty tough. My math could be totally wrong but I'm sure I'll get corrected.