Re: 12i Apps on Rac - ASM or OCSF

From: Alex Gorbachev <ag_at_oracloid.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:23:12 -0400

"ASM is, I think, far too much headache for a DBA to deal with..."

Interesting point of view. Brian, could you elaborate on this? There is some learning curve with ASM but it's relatively short compare to, let's say, Veritas. I'm especially surprised that you position ASM more to large scale setups as opposed to small/mid-sized environments.

RAC vs. non-RAC - that's another story. ;-)

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com