12i Apps on Rac - ASM or OCSF

From: kathy duret <katpopins21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

We are going through this debate right now.

  Our 12i Oracle Apps will be Oracle 10.2 on Linux Oracle Unbreakable, Dell hardware. EMC San Storage.

  Dell is pushing OCSF and Oracle is pushing ASM

  I have heard there are issues with ASM on Oracle Apps, others say that is old news.

  Anyone out there using OCSF or ASM on Oracle Apps in a Rac environment care to toss in there hat and let me know the dirt?

  I here ASM is a bit more complex especially on a SAN environment and you get better performance. But I heard there are bugs with Oracle Apps / Rac and you are less able   to troubleshoot issues without Oracle Support.

  Anyone with any real experiences, both pro and con?

  Thanks again.

  Kathy

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.  Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 13 2007 - 11:32:44 CDT