RE: ORA-65535 error

From: Alvaro Jose Fernandez <alvaro.fernandez_at_sivsa.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:07:12 +0200

My God!

I have to review occam's razor laws (shame on me :-)

regards,

De: Khan, Muhammad S [mailto:Muhammad.Khan_at_ca.com] Enviado el: jueves, 13 de septiembre de 2007 15:51 Para: tim_at_evdbt.com; Alvaro Jose Fernandez; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Asunto: RE: ORA-65535 error

Guyz,

The problem got resolved after I added the domain name to the net service name. It used to work without domain name earlier but this time it gave us problems.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

From: Tim Gorman [mailto:tim_at_evdbt.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:45 PM To: Alvaro Jose Fernandez
Cc: Khan, Muhammad S
Subject: Re: ORA-65535 error

Muhammad,

What Alvaro said....

....I am just not interested in speculating in the absence of the hard facts that a SQL trace (or the utter lack of a SQL trace) would provide...

Hope this helps...

Tim Gorman
consultant - Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc. P.O. Box 1802, Evergreen CO 80437-1802

website = http://www.evdbt.com
email   = tim_at_evdbt.com
mobile  = +1-303-885-4526
fax     = +1-303-484-3608

Alvaro Jose Fernandez wrote:

Hi Muhammad and Tim,

Honestly I can't answer this until you made the trace, and then we look at the statements generated. Send an excerpt of the raw trace if you consider appropiate - bet the ORA-0001 is thrown

after an insert.

I also recommend (when examining the trace generated) to look at the bind values recorded in the raw trace file, to check what values are passed, which maybe are violating the constraints

regards,

Alvaro

>Thanks for your valuable comments. I'll definitely embed a afterlogon
trigger with the production DB aftergoing on the million formalities. But wut do you say about the successful running of jobs from other client >boxes, and that the same client box still cannot run the autosys jobs on another test DB as well???