Re: controlfiles being updated

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:52:52 -0700

Others have given lots of details. V$views get their info from control file. When the database role is switched from Primary to Standby and vice-versa is another example. When a log shipped to the standby is applied the control file gets updated too. Checkpoint info is stored for tracking consistency etc etc.

HTH
GovindanK