RE: UNDO tablespace issue- the dropped datfaile still shows in v$recover_file

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:50:52 -0400

If you added the datafile to the same tablespace then for all versions of Oracle up through 10.2 once you drop a datafile from a tablespace you have to either recover or drop the tablespace.

You should create a new undo tablespace
Make it the current undo tablespace
Drop the original undo tablespace

If you added a new undo tablespace then just the second two items apply.