Re: controlfiles being updated

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

If using RMAN, backup information would be written there. (heck, I tihnk even i fyou use a catalog, some info is put there). information on archivelogs are stored there Adding and removing datafiles, resizing datafiles, new tablespaces. I'm sure I'm missing some. Bradd ----- Original Message ---- From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:36:43 AM Subject: controlfiles being updated Hi all, Just a general question about controlfiles. I was ready the archive messages for this list and found out that controlfiles are updated everytime a checkpoint happens. Can anyone list any other reasons an update would happen to the controlfiles? Thanks, Lyall Barbour