RE: RAC environment patching and availability

From: Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:03:15 +0000

I have a question. Supposed if I want to apply an Application patch and keep the database available to the users during that time for concurrent updates, what will the process be? Remember the Application patch also apply updates to the database as well.

Thanks.

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:05:26 -0700
From: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: RAC environment patching and availability To: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com; litanli_at_gmail.com CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Li Li, In current versions, JUST RAC alone can not provide the 24x7 availability. You need to have the combination of RAC+Dataguard (logical) to have REAL 24x7 availability. Also not all patches/upgrades are 'rolling upgrade' capable. Have a look at this presentation to undertand the issues in rolling upgrade. http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/oow06/S281209_To.pdf -Gopal On 9/10/07, Li Li <litanli@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo!
http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_wlmailtextlink