Re: performance question

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:27:25 -0400

The two databases are cloned from prod by different date, QA was two month earlier than TRN. TRN was cloned last week. I just did a tkprof on both databases and rerun the sql statement, the execution plans are identical on both databases, just return rows are so big different, hence the result is one run while the other failed. My question is if the execution plans are same, why the return rows are so different against same tables, same steps? The source tables are not big difference in terms of rows, extents..etc.

Joan