Re: Missing archive logs from middle of level 0 backup - can _allow_resetlogs_corruption help?

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 08:28:21 +0400

Oopps... Some correction:

Andrey Kriushin wrote:
> (Assuming you are using rman), set the UNTIL SEQUENCE to the sequence
> number of the last log available +1 (or +100) and repeat
> restore database;

A little bit inaccurate: when you are using incremental backup feature, you must have all the logs, created during each incremented backup applied to the level 0 backup. I.e. the UNTIL clause has an influence on both commands, i.e. "restore" and "recover". What I've said in the previous post assumes that there were no incremental backups between +1 and +100th redo log generation time. Otherwise you must be more carefull when calculating the proper redo log sequence number.