RE: RAID 0 Vs Multiple files per tablespace spread across

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:00:44 -0700

I'm not positive on this, but I think RAID 0 would be the best option to minimize contention since the data would be randomly distributed across the 3 disks and therefore less likely that all or most of the data from a single query would all come from a single disk. With the 3 datafiles, I'm pretty sure Oracle will write to all of them in a round-robin fashion, but I'd bet there are certain situations where you could end up with logically related data being physically grouped as well and then you may end up having to read all those blocks from a single disk instead of spreading the load. I feel like I'm missing something though so I'd have to think about this one more, but no time now - curious what others have to say.

Regards,
Brandon