Re: sys vs. "normal" User

From: Jost, <Joerg.Jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:29:00 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 04.09.2007, 11:19 -0700 schrieb Jared Still:
> On 9/4/07, Jost, Jörg <Joerg.Jost_at_unitrade.com> wrote:
> At some important points this application locks rows with
> dbms_lock.
>
> The lockname is the rowid of the row. Sometimes an evil user
> stays
> forever at this row and other users are unable to change it.
>

> Just curious - what's wrong with 'SELECT FOR UPDATE' ?

Thats a good question.

If i ask the Dev-Team, they say, it is easier to handle with the dbms_lock. There is also a historically reason, because our app was not developed under Oracle in the past.

Our application is something twosided. On the Terminalserver runs a software called Unify. That part is making problems anywhere. So there can be a reason too.

Bye

Jörg

OCP 10gR2