RE: sys vs. "normal" User

From: Clarke, Andrew <andrew.clarke_at_logicacmg.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:02:38 +0100

  I confess to having created objects in the SYS schema in the past but I think this was wrong, and I wouldn't do it again. There is a philosophical reason why: everything in the SYS and SYSTEM schemas ought to be Oracle sourced. There is also a practical reason: it makes exporting and importing your application harder.

  My preferred solution would be to create a new user whose password is as tightly controlled as SYS. Have SYS grant the necessary privileges to that user and then that user can build the procedure in its schema and grant it to the general users. It is important to keep this new user tightly controlled simply to prevent misuse of those granted SYS privileges, which can be quite powerful.

Cheers, APC