RE: Oracle Enterprise Linux on VMware Server

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 02:41:10 +0400 (GST)

For vmware networking I have mostly used Natting with success, sorry cant comment on the bridge option.

If your intention is to have the VM Showing up as another server on the Network, then I think your approach is right. This is a wild guess - you can probably fiddle with the IPaddr on the VM and make it in sync with your static IP.

For internet access. Check if it has to do with Proxy, replicate any proxy Settings present on win to linux.

Thanks!
Amar